6 Steps to a Clean Home for the Holidays
Before a single decoration appears or the first Christmas card is sent, the house should be clean, dust and dirt free. Now is the time to take care of the extra cleaning, the deep cleaning, if needed. Sparkle up the windows, shampoo the carpets, dust those hard to reach places, and give everything a good scrubbing. Does this sound overwhelming? Don’t worry; you can get the job done in no time.
Just follow this five step cleaning plan for a sparkling holiday home.
2. Remove extraneous clutter, such as junk mail, old school papers and items you no longer use.
3. Get the fridge ready for holiday meals and goodies by cleaning it out and wiping it down. Use a cotton ball soaked in vanilla to make your refrigerator smell fresh.
4. Do your basic house cleaning, paying special attention to areas of your home where you gather or entertain. Take advantage of quick cleaning tips and cleaning shortcuts to get the job done fast.
5. Schedule professional help for the big jobs that will help make your home sparkle. These may include carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, drapery and blind cleaning, window cleaning, exterior power washing, or an overall deep house cleaning.
6. Make a list of minimum daily maintenance tasks to get your home through the busy holiday season, such as wiping down kitchen counters, light dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms.
You did it! Celebrate your clean home that is all ready for Christmas decorating and holiday decor.