10 Things to Get Rid of in Your Kitchen
It is time to get rid of the clutter in the kitchen and become more organized. You will feel a huge sense of relief when you step into your kitchen! This can be so quick and simple, and when you are done you won’t feel like a hoarder anymore. You can even donate things that you are getting rid of which is a great feeling! After cleaning out these top 10 things from your kitchen you will be ready to tackle any part of the house!
1. Clean out all of those take out containers, and either organize or invest in some nice matching tupperware containers. There are plenty of ways to organize plastic containers so that there isn’t an avalanche coming out of your cabinets.
2. Do you find yourself constantly buying reusable water bottles, but you are now running out of cabinet space to put them? Simply have one per person and maybe two extra ones just in case. Only buy a new one when they start to get worn out. Donate or recycle the ones you are cleaning out from your kitchen.
3. When you go to cook using a pot can you never find the correct lid? First, get rid of any lids that do not fit any of the pots, and don’t be afraid to clean out any old pots and pans too. Next, to never have this problem again stick command hooks on the inside of a vacant cabinet and hang the lids on them. Stack the pots and pans into the cabinet, and you won’t ever have to fuss about finding the matching pot and lid again!
4. Open up your kitchen utensil drawer, and count how many of each utensil you have. Are you finding yourself with three whisks and four graters? Clean them out! Now, find a nice basket or vase in the house and put it on the counter with the utensils you are keeping. This not only frees up a drawer in your kitchen for more important items, but having them on the counter gives your kitchen character! Give it a try!
5. Go over to the fridge and open up the crisper drawer, and throw all of those soy sauce and condiment packets away. They are just piling up in your fridge and taking up valuable space that could be used for your lunch meat or cheese.
6. It is time to put away those sentimental mugs and get yourself cute matching ones. This will make your cabinet look more stylish and neat. Creating a coffee and tea station in the cabinet can be fun too! Throw away the k-cup boxes and put them in a basket, and stick the tea bags and hot chocolate mix into containers that match the color of the mugs. You will find this very helpful when you are late for work in the morning and need to make your coffee!
7. Don’t you have a computer or smart phone? Why are you holding on to all of those take out menus junking up a kitchen drawer? Throw them all away! Everything is online these days anyway!
8. Pull out the plates, and separate the chipped ones from the nice ones. Get rid of the chipped ones and replace them if they are all like that. Save yourself the embarrassment of having guests over and serving them using those plates. Organize them in the cabinet a little bit better that way they do not clang together and get chipped!
9. Pull down those tiny cordial glasses and heavy beer steins from the kitchen cabinet. Insert a shelf into the cabinet and place the glasses that are most used in the household. Either store away the other glasses or give them away! De-cluttering all of those cups will keep this cabinet organized!
10. How old are your kids now? Have they outgrown the kiddie plates of Tarzan and Beauty and the Beast? You can either pass them down to another family member that has children at a younger age, or donate them! They are taking up space in your cabinets for the nice china to be shown off.
Spring is looking a lot brighter and cheerful now that the kitchen is cleaned out! Tackle the next room and just keep going until you are finally relaxed and happy with the Spring cleaning that you have done!