5 Ways Your Smartphone Can Help In The Kitchen
Did you know that you had your own personal kitchen assistant right there at hand? When it comes to cooking, your smartphone has a few surprises for you. According to a recent Verizon Wireless survey, more than 73 percent of people use a smartphone or tablet to help them in the kitchen. Here is why.
1. Rock on- Make your time in the kitchen a little more fun by jamming to your favorite tunes. A smartphone makes it easy to take your music anywhere, and there are a number of portable speakers that can enhance the experience.
2. Learn New Cooking Techniques- If you have ever wanted to learn how to flip an omelet or work on your knife skills, chance are there is a video tutorial available to show you how. Best of all, it won’t cost you a dime, and your video instructor will never grow impatient, no matter how many times you need a review.
3. Take a Pic; Make it Stick- Part of the fun of creating a culinary masterpiece is to snap a picture of your food and share it on social media. Close to 35 percent of the respondents to the survey say they often use their smartphone or table to do just that.
4. Get Information- When you need to know how many teaspoons make a tablespoon, or the best way to thaw out a turkey, just ask your smartphone. No more digging through old cookbooks or having a three hour conversation with your mother-in-law just to learn how much salt is in a pinch.
5. New Recipes- Why store clunky cookbooks, when there are millions of recipes on the Internet, many of them rated and reviewed. Our favorite recipe sites include AllRecipes.com and the Food Network, which can be found using your browser or a smartphone app.