5 Clever Uses for Olive Oil
1. Shave Some Time: If you run out of shaving cream on a busy morning, head to your kitchen pantry instead of the store. Lightly coat your skin with olive oil. Your razor will slide over your skin, and the oil will condition the razor blade at the same time.
2. Prevent Hair Balls: Prevent Hair Balls: Cat lovers know that one of the worse things to encounter is a soggy hair ball on the floor or furniture. Prevent hair balls when you drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on your cat’s wet food. This remedy is not only effective, but it will save you money compared to traditional hair ball formulas.
3. Remove Paint: If your hands are stained with paint from your recent project, make your own gentle cleanser. Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with just a pinch of baking soda to make a hand scrub that will act as a paint remover on the splatters and drips.
4. Wax Off: Drippy wax on a candlestick can be gone in a flash when you wash the candlestick with dish soap and olive oil. Coat a little olive oil along the inside of the clean and dry candlestick to prevent new candles from sticking.
5. Get Unstuck: Get Unstuck: Stuck zippers can be a pain. Unstick them by using a cotton swap dipped in olive oil. Apply the oil to the inside of the slider piece, and then move it up and down the teeth of the zipper to lubricate.