Five Fast Backyard Fixes Before Your Next Party
It is inevitable, the moment you start getting ready to host a party, is the moment you notice all of the little things about your backyard that need some attention. Not to worry. These fast fixes to common backyard problems can be completed quickly and easily.
1. Fill in any gaps in your garden quickly with flowers or plants in containers placed over the bald spots. Group pots for the best effect, and make sure to water well, since plants in pots can dry out quickly.
2. Cut down or eliminate back yard pests by making sure all garbage cans have lids, placing lighting away from eating and seating areas, and use a large portable fan to keep mosquitos at a distance.
3. If your concrete patio or deck looks boring or sad, cover it up with an outdoor rug. It will bring color and texture to the space and hide any stains or damage you don’t want on show at your gathering.
4. Move everyday outdoor clutter, such as garbage cans, tools and toys to an unused corner of your yard to reduce their notice. For ninja level hiding, pick up a roll of reed fencing or bamboo fencing and install it temporarily around your mess. A piece of lattice fencing works well, too.
5. While you may have to pull the large weeds, you can hide the small ones by adding extra pea gravel to walkways or mulch, bark or wood chips to garden beds and bare dirt areas.
Image Source: BHG via HGDesignIdeas