7 Surprising Reasons to Start Gardening
There are many health and financial benefits to gardening. Here are some of the more surprising ones.
- For every 45 minutes you spend planting, weeding or digging, you could be burning up to 200 calories.
- Studies suggest that just five minutes of physical activity in a green environment can boost both mood and self esteem.
- A study done at Kansas State University showed that seniors who garden enjoy hands that are stronger and more nimble than those of their peers.
- Growing vegetables will not only save money on a gardener’s grocery bills, but it can also serve as an income, especially when certain roots, herbs and other produce are sold to local fine restaurants or at farmer’s markets.
- Gardening can be an alternative to weight training in strengthening bones.
- A single 25-foot treat can reduce the heating and cooling costs of your home by up to 10 percent.
- A US Forest Service study suggests that a house containing trees is up to 20 percent more sale-able than one without.
Image Source: FreeImages.com
SEE RELATED PRODUCT AND IDEA IMAGES
gardening, health, garden, tips